Friday October 11, 2019
One of the best things about living at Mountain House is our residents’ enthusiasm for giving back to the community. In fact, it’s one of the many characteristics that attracts many families to our community. If you’ve been looking for a way to become more involved and lend a helping hand, consider joining the Mountain House High School Booster Club!
What’s the booster club, and what does it do?
Created in 2014, the booster club is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that aims to support MHHS athletics in a number of ways. Funds raised throughout the year benefit a variety of sports teams and events. Most of these important equipment and services purchases would not have been possible without booster club funds, so this dedicated group of parents and community members is vital to Mustang athletics!
By now you’re probably wondering what kinds of things the booster club provides! Last year alone, annual fundraising efforts were able to contribute $80,000 worth of assistance to our Mustang sports teams! Here are a few examples of booster club contributions:
- Purchased Hudl for all sports teams, a platform that allows coaches to upload film and stats with the ability to share with recruiters
- Purchased $12,000 worth of equipment for volleyball teams that is easier to set up and tear down, allowing for more practice time; it also enables the teams to host tournaments during the season.
- Uniform purchases for girls’ softball, boys’ soccer, and warm-ups for baseball
- $35,000 purchase for a large-format video screen for the gym that will show replays, player stats; screen will also be used as an advertising medium to sell commercials and ads to raise additional funds.
- Sent cheerleading squad to cheer camp at UC Santa Cruz.
- Purchased tournament entry for our basketball, baseball, and wrestling teams.
How you can help!
It’s amazing what our booster club can accomplish in a single year! But it doesn’t happen all by itself. This fantastic group of people tirelessly holds fundraisers all year long to do all these great things for our Mustangs. Becoming a member is the best way to get involved and help decide how funds are allocated throughout the year. More on membership HERE. But you don’t need to be a member to help! Chances are, if you go to MHHS games, you’re probably already contributing to the booster club.
That hot dog you noshed on at the last home game? The Mustang hoodie you bought to keep warm under the Friday night lights? These purchases benefit the booster club! Game concessions and spirit wear sales (check out the shop HERE) are the primary fundraising efforts, but if you’re interested in burning some calories, they also host a fun drop-in Zumba class weekly on Thursdays at 7 p.m.! Get the deets HERE.
The club’s largest fundraiser is the Annual Crab Feed and Auction. This super fun and popular event will be on Saturday, March 7, at the Tracy Portuguese Hall, and you can get discounted tickets if you purchase before January 1. Save the date! Sponsorships and donations are also available, so if you’re a business owner looking for a cost-effective advertising option, this is it! Contact email@example.com for marketing opportunities.
The booster club just added another great fundraising opportunity to its event roster. The club is the new organizer for the Mountain House Jingle All the Way 5K! There’s a lot more to come on this, so be sure to watch this space and our social media pages for all the latest!